This quarter has been a busy time for the team at Perry Town Planning with a number of new projects underway and existing clients returning with further work.
The team has noticed a significant uplift in planning permit activity following the introduction of the new Residential Zones in July as well as a large number of new commercial and industrial projects coming on stream. Along with a number of new permits lodged this month Perry Town Planning has also been actively involved in state significant strategic planning panels as well as continuing to successfully represent our clients at VCAT.
In addition, we are pleased that the Baw Baw Settlement Management Plan August 2013 has been incorporated as a reference document to the Baw Baw Planning Scheme. The Management Plan was a major strategic planning project prepared by our dedicated planning team in collaboration with Baw Baw Shire and other agencies.
Our current projects include:
- Preliminary discussions with Council regarding a major commercial/retail development on the Mornington Peninsula.
- Representations to the Residential Zones Standing Advisory Committee on the application of the Residential Growth Zone in Bayside.
- An application has been lodged with Wyndham Council for the construction of a Hindu temple.
- Preparation of an application for a major apartment building on Racecourse Road, North Melbourne.
- An application has been lodged by our team for the final detail and design of a proposed Woolworths supermarket in Keysborough after a lengthy pre-application process.
- Approval has been obtained for two architecturally designed homes overlooking the Great Ocean Road.
- Successful mediation outcome and settlement with Council and objectors at VCAT for a 5 storey mixed use building in Hawthorn East.
- An application for illuminated signage in Port Melbourne has been lodged with the City of Melbourne.
- 6 day hearing at VCAT has successfully concluded with Perry Town Planning representing an Owners Corporation objecting to an 8 storey apartment building in Carlton opposite the Royal Exhibition Building within a complex heritage context.
- Preparation of an industrial subdivision and use of land in Ravenhall.
- Preliminary discussions with Glen Eira Council for the rezoning of land currently within the Neighbourhood Residential Zone.
- Preparation of a formal rezoning request for land within the Commercial 2 Zone in Frankston.
- An appeal has been lodged against the City of Bayside’s failure to determine an application which has been listed at VCAT for a 5 day hearing commencing 16 February 2015.
If you would like to talk to one of the team at Perry Town Planning regarding any of the above projects or any town planning needs you may have please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively talk to one of our friendly planners on (03) 9662 1999.